Banner 468x 60

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Coleuses the ideal plant

Coleuses the ideal plant
In this corner of the garden is my collection of coleuses. Coleuses have a reputation as plants that just about anyone can grow. Give them good soil, fertilizer, and regularly watered, they will flourish in any garden. My zone 10B is ideal, especially during the summer months.
The best part about coleuses is how easy they propagate. Three or four inch long cuttings will produce roots, even in a glass of water. I pinch my plants to prevent flowering, it makes the color of the leaves much vivid.
I will away from the Blog for a few days. My wife and I are going to the Colorado Rockies to cool off for a few days from this hot and humid Florida weather. We hope to see the aspen trees at the peak of fall colors. (I will be taking pictures)

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

Garden Windows | Template Ireng Manis © 2010 Free Template Ajah. Distribution by Dhe Template. Supported by Cash Money Today and Forex Broker Info